I officially leave for Valencia in 2 days. It's so surreal. I have a lot to do before I leave though... I'm desperately trying to finish an intense internship application, see friends and family before setting off, and attempt to fit a semester's worth of stuff into one little suitcase. All I really want to do is daydream!
The only thing I'm really nervous about, honestly, is the fact that (according to what I've read) Valencians sleep very little. It's normal to go out for a drink after dinner (at about midnight), dance or hang out with friends, then go home in the early morning only to wake up in a couple of hours for school or work. Don't get me wrong; I love to have fun and I definitely don't want to miss out, but I NEED sleep! I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I want to be open to learning as much about the culture as I can while I'm in Spain.
Anyway, I'm sure these will be MUCH more exciting once I actually have stories to tell. Must get back to painstakingly checking things off my to-do list. My next update will be from Valencia! Yesssss.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HEY,
ReplyDeleteThis is your biggest fan saying Bon Voyage....hope you have a wonderful safe experience. Looking forward to following you on your blog! Love Dad