Much has happened since my last update. This past Friday morning I went to the center of town with a group of friends. It was the day of the celebration of Saint Vicente Martir, and there was a procession throughou
Musicians, priests, church members, falleras (ornately dressed women reminiscent of the Fallas festival in March where elaborate sculptures are burned in the streets), and floats proceeded through the streets of Valencia. While enjoying the festivities, I drank horchata! It tasted of yeast and wasn't as thick as I thought it would be. I'll have to try it another time before I come to a conclusion, but it was an interesting experience for sure. Number 1, CHECK!
The next night I joined some more friends for dinner at a local restaurant. I don't remember the name, but I will probably never forget how delicious the food...well, most of it...was that
The weekend also consisted of a relaxing trip to the beach (too cold to swim, but I was still extremely excited to see the Mediterranean sea) and a stop at my new favorite dessert place for chocolate con churros. These are basically long fried doughnuts that come with a cup of creamy, steaming chocolate for dipping. Heavenly. I would post a picture but by the time I took one, there was only one lonely churro left. I was too excited to eat them, haha.
I'm crossing things off my list quickly...I'll have to think of some more to add. These last two have both been about food, which is a passion of mine. Mmmmm. I'll have to think of a way to incorporate that into my career. Food critic? I think that sounds perfect.
Hasta luego :)
Hasta luego :)
No comments:
Post a Comment