As I brush the dust from my red suitcase, a sense of dread creeps up and pours over me.
I haven't cried yet, but I have a feeling tomorrow will be a blubberfest. We have our closing ceremony at school, followed by a dinner celebration and a goodbye party at a salsa club. I'll be bidding farewell to my intercambio and his friends, which is hard to even think about. I haven't actually spent time with them lately since I've been so weighed down with schoolwork, but remembering their hospitality, friendliness and hilarious comments makes me tear up a little.
In other news, since I'm too emotional to think of the impending flood of nostalgia, I'm officially finished with my third year of college. This afternoon I turned in my soul in the form of a six-page paper on Media and ETA in the Basque Country before also critiquing Spanish Baroque art in a final exam. As a celebration, I went out for chocolate con churros with some of my amigas before doing some shopping downtown. So far, I've been successful in trying not to think about leaving.
I have a little gnawing suspicion that reality is about to come up behind me supermega-fast. But until then, I will enjoy a good night's sleep before meeting Christy at the Mercado Central for some last minute perusing. ¡Buenas noches!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment